Please download the latest version of your browser or upgrade your current one to use this website.
Click here for more information
SDB Learning and Development was founded to help people and organisations make great things happen.
I’m passionate about developing others, inspiring potential and growth to make a real and lasting difference to people.
By developing talent and focusing on the positive changes that will make the greatest impact, organisations, their leaders and teams are supported to solve problems and achieve personal and organisational goals.
Working in learning and development for around 2o years, I’ve been fortunate enough to have worked across a variety of different sectors, with organisations of varying size and complexity, developing leaders, teams and individuals to be their absolute best.
“Creating memorable learning experiences that lead to change – that’s what I do…”
I help organisations create an environment where leaders and managers truly understand the impact they are having and can start building more effective teams, by tapping into the power of emotional intelligence.
I help organisations thrive by:
• IMPROVING EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT
• BUILDING MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP CAPABILITY
• GROWING A POSITIVE WORKPLACE CULTURE
• FOSTERING KEY PROFESSIONAL AND BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS
• DEVELOPING TEAMS BASED AROUND TRUST & STRONG COMMUNICATION
For me, it’s about empowering people with the tools and motivation they need to achieve their personal or career goals – whether they are a newly-promoted manager, or a ‘seasoned’ business leader with challenges to overcome.
Some examples of my work include:
• Creating bespoke programmes of learning interventions for middle and senior managers using emotional intelligence assessments, one-to-one coaching and facilitated group events.
• Team building sessions using Insights Discovery for previously remote teams brought together to work in one site with new leadership and team members.
• Supporting leaders on a talent development programme with development coaching, to support their goals for the programme and beyond.
• Delivering virtual Emotional Intelligence Leadership programmes to clients in the UK and Overseas.
• Design and delivery of bespoke leadership topic webinars.
I’ve relished having the opportunity to work with such a diverse range of organisations and to use...
It was once said to me that “you can’t tickle yourself”. In my working world, you often need s...
I have years of experience helping all sorts of organisations to bring about real change for the bet...
Change is inevitable – except from a vending machine (Robert C Gallagher)
Things change. Things...
I was approached by a client with a list of training courses that they wanted me to deliver. It was ...
"Steve, created a relaxed and comfortable training environment to deliver the Insights Discovery model."
To develop the leadership skills and effectiveness of our management team
Steve, was very patient in the build up to working with us, covid restricted the face to face training environment that we believe was best format. The Insights Discovery model was recommended by Steve as a good fit for meeting our objectives of developing our personal and team awareness and understanding. The team embraced the profiles and found the format easy to learn. The training then looked more deeply at the strengths and weaknesses of the team and identified areas that we could develop individually and as a group. This required a level of trust and openness that was achieved by Steve's relaxed manner and the comfort he creates while delivery the content. We have come away with identifiable criteria to work on moving forwards.
"Organically grow the holistic world view of disruptive innovation via workplace diversity and empowerment."